Monday, February 28, 2011

My Creative Scrapbook LOTW!

I am so excited to have my LO chosen for LOTW over at My Creative Scrapbook! The talent in this gallery is amazing & feel honoured to have my work chosen!
This LO was made using the February main kit which had lots of yummy Echo Park 'Be Mine', Teresa Collins & some fab trims & bling. If you have never seen the MCS kits you need to check them out!
http://www.mycreativescrapbook.com/kits.htm
Pam puts together amazing kits full of the latest & greatest. I have been getting the main kit for a year now & have loved each & every one. I just wish I could afford to buy them all!















With this Lo I fussy cut the hot air balloon & used the gorgeous pink trim & large pink diamantes in the kit. The smaller diamantes were from my stash.
I made a faux paper ruffle trim using a tutorial from http://www.lollychops.com/. I also used the same water spraying technique to create a crinkled effect behind the photo by spraying the paper, scrunching it up then drying it off with an embossing heat tool. You can also use this technique using glimmermist instead of water to give a more colorful, sprakly effect.
To add some texture I have used a small amount of white acrylic paint down the main centre strip.
Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. wow Shell the first layout on your blog congratulations.
    and it's a beautiful layout...also very cute photo
    hugs carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being selected as a featured winner at BITW! Your layouts are simply gorgeous! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for ur comment! U just made me smile XX