Tuesday, August 30, 2011

BITW - Love & Rose Tutorial

Hi There!

Big post for you today. I have my first tutorial for you. Hope you like it!
First up here is my entry to Bird Is The Word. The new word is Love, an easy one! I have so many LO's using love but I wanted to create a new one using some new goodies! You can find BITW here http://www.birdisthewordchallenge.blogspot.com/
Biased Mum alert- Is she not the cutest little Princess you have ever seen! I just love this photo
Some close ups
I LUV The Scrap Cake 'Bright side of Life " collection. The colours are my fav colour combo. I also luv the chook wire pre-stamping & misted look the papers have. I have also used some more Manor House Creations blooms Grandma's Garden - Pink Lace & Grandma's Garden- Sweet Scent- You can find these gorgeous blooms & The TSC papers here http://www.manorhousecreations.com/

So onto my Rose Tutorial- did you notice the 2 hand made roses on the above LO. They are easy peasy to make & I think they look as cute as a button
Step 1. Draw a spiral on some cardstock or patterned paper in pencil (I have used a  black marker so you can see it)
Step 2. Use a pair of scallop scissors & cut the spiral out

Step 3. Ink the edges all the way around the spiral & distress & fold edges 
(do this to the side that you want showing when the rose is finished)
Step 4. Begin to roll the spiral with the good side on the inside. Start your roll tightly then loosen roll as you go

Step 5. When you get to the end put a blob of glue on the centre part of the spiral & use this centre part as a base for your rose

The finished product
See in 5 quick & easy steps your all done! To get different size roses just alter the shape of the spiral. Have a play with how tightly you roll the spiral for a slightly different look. I hope you enjoyed my first ever tutorial!

A few more projects I have completed lately

I have used Crate Paper Restoration collection , MME twine & buttons. I have used some texture paste & a doily mask on the background. I have journalled about how Evie is a bit serious & witholds her smiles. It is funny to watch the little old ladies down the street pull funny faces & dance around to try & get her to smile!

And lastly a card I made for my friends birthday
A mix of MME Lost & Found paper & button & Websters Pages papers & sparkler & Martha Stewart doily.

Thanks for looking!
Cheers

9 comments:

  1. Lots of gorgeous eye candy here!! Love those rolled roses - so sweet :-) your BITW page is breathtaking - your little one is just darling :-) thanks for playing along again at BITW :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow stunning page'S And thank your for the flower Tutorial

    hugs carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creations Shell and a great flower tutorial!! Thanks so much for playing along at BITW :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i do agree with you.. she is very cute!! gorgeous photos which make for gorgeous layouts!! the roses are divine too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tutorial!!! Gorgeous layouts as always! Good luck with the DT application!!! It would be so fun to be in a DT together!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your Creations SO SO Divine!!! Thanks for sharing that FAB flower tutorial......
    Always a JOY to have you playing along over @ BITW!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! Thanks for playing at Bird is the Word!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for ur comment! U just made me smile XX