Monday, October 31, 2011

OUAS & Kraft it up challenge

Hi There!

I know I know what it going on with all these posts I hear you asking!! I have been a busy little bee getting a few challenges done of late. I decided to have a go at the Kraft It Up Challenge for the first time. I have always looked at this challenge but never given it a go. One of the criteria this month was to do a shabby or vintage page so I was sold!
I have used Websters Pages All About Me collection again! (Addicted to Websters at the moment!)
I used a Prima antique mirrored image, some Websters sparklers & a gorgeous button from Spotlight to give a vintage feel. The elegant green trim is Websters Pages designer trim.

Because I can't handle negative space I have stamped some butterflies & used a script stamp to add some interest. I also did some inking & faux stitching. The mini alphas are Prima Alla.
I am feeling a bit emotional now that my baby has turned 1. I feel like time is going way to fast & I would love it to slow down a bit so I can really enjoy & cherish Evie's baby moments. It must be because I know she is my last baby that I feel so sad that she is getting so big!
The next LO is for the Once Upon A Sketch challenge. The criteria was to scrap an embarrasseing moment, situation or quirk. This is the sketch designed by the lovely Nadia Cannizzo

Here is my take on the sketch
I have used a mix of Websters Pages here. Hollywood Vouge, Ladies & gents, & All about me

I have journalled about how Evie takes a while to warm to people & she pretty much gives everybody this death stare. Pretty much every time I take her down the street people come up to her to try & get her to smile & she just gives them this icy stare down. The poor person usually ends up jumping round like a dork trying for a smile but they still get nothing. They end up squirming feeling a bit silly because hey have tried so hard for a smile & Evie is still just giving her death stare! Sometimes I think it's funny but other times I feel embarrassed because some people will not give up & keep going & going!

Thanks for looking!
Cheers

11 comments:

  1. HI.. wow! both of these are so gorgeous.. i love the cute photos and the embellies are so pretty.. great takes on each challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pages! Love all the embellishments, and I really love the Websters. YOur take on Nadia's sketch is beautiful. Thank you so much for joining us at OUAS for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First I must say that your work is just beautiful. Your details and the colors are just perfect.
    And I love the story about your little girl. My 3 boys were all the same and it was very embarrassing when you wanted them to smile, even just a little and they wouldn't. I always wanted the outgoing child, then my daughter came along and well, she made up for what the 3 boys didn't do. She will talk and smile to anyone, and sometimes that can be embarrassing too.
    Thanks for playing along at KIU and OUAS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both great pages but I particularly love the KIU page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful, beautiful work ... love this to bits ... hugz x
    thanks for playing with us ... x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shell! I saw these two at MCS gallery and it was love at 1st site! Fantastic work! You rocked this kit! What a shame that you have other kit obligations...I love these photos of sweet Evie!!!!
    Thanks for playing along!
    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous creations Shell.. love all the beautiful layered details and stamped background!! Thanks so much for playing along at KIU :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really a beautiful creation and also absolutely perfect for the challenge over at Once Upon a Sketch - thanks so much for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow so stunning this rock sooooo

    hugs carla

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for ur comment! U just made me smile XX