Saturday, March 31, 2012

Scrap The Boys Challenge

Hi There!

Wow 2 post in 1 day! I forgot to post my entry for Scrap the Boys earlier & the deadline is tonight so here it is! The criteria was to include red on the page with some handwritten journalling & use the title 'life is good'

This is a little bit different to my usual style but last night I was in the mood to play with some texture paste, mists & inks!

I used Crate Paper Toy Box collection starting off with a nice neutral wood grain page. I then used my Crafters Workshop chevron mask with some texture paste. When the paste dried I sprayed some Candy Apple Red glimmermist using Studio Calicio Mr Hueys intertwined circles mask.

The large alphas are Pink Paislee Expressions Wood Shop Timber. They are just a raw chipboard alpha in the pack. I painted these with gesso then sprayed gold glimmermist then torquise mist lightly. I inked the edges roughly in black ink. Used some saphire glimmermist to splat. I used a Kaisercraft stamp to get the grid pattern. I still wanted a bit more colour as the mist had soaked into the chipboard a little bit so I used a yellow & torquise Prima ink & roughly smudges some colour onto the alphas.

Well thats it for today!
Thanks for looking!
Cheers

4 comments:

  1. Stunning page Shell...love the alphas great technique...thanks for playing along at Stb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool layout!!! Love how you have tied everything together. Thanks for playing along at STB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful love to see greetings Janneke

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a gorgoeus and cool layout with such wonderful distressing


    hugs carla

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for ur comment! U just made me smile XX